Thursday, March 06, 2014

...the magic of those yesterdays

those were the days (more than four decades back) when we in our late-teens were struggling to find/ guess what the life would be like... term like 'career', 'job', 'life-style', 'salary', etc, had not entered the lingua-franca in conversations with parents and among peers in that era
....

one of the co-travellers had written these blank-verses, which make much more sense now than they did then (or perhaps they did - and that's why I had preserved them)...



"When I go into the library of my life,
And see rows and rows of yesterdays
Neatly arranged in shelves
Yearwise - catalogued,
I always pick from just one shelf;
Oh, those volumes are all thumbed now
and there isn't a single experience
that I haven't lived each night...
And yet
Such is the magic of those yesterdays..
...that I come out
A wiser man!"

- Amitabh Lal

1 comment:

santee joe said...

Oh, one more reflection I do have about life , looking back at random. ........
it doesn't work the SWOT analysis way. Well, mostly not.
We muse & move on. ........
I feel. ... it's a bit complex. ........
Talk about love for example. ...........
A most unquantifiable emotion & yet every one believes publically to understand it & it's a "considered" noble attribute. ........
No one ever acknowledges.....even among friends. ...... the real , earthy , omnipotent "Lust"..... a most quantifiable emotion !
Ah , I do still say. ....... beautiful ladies of my youth. .... l luseted after you. ..
even now I do...mmmm.........
there never was a lustless yesterday.
I dream of Erotica. ... at 60.........